7 Steps to a Better Memory
1. Use it or lose it. Exercise your memory by repeating, rehearsing and practicing names, dates, stories, and other information you want to remember.
2. Live a healthy lifestyle. Eat a balanced diet, get plenty of rest, and avoid alcohol and smoking.
3. Listen attentively. Search for key ideas, ask questions, picture what you want to remember, and restate the speaker’s message in your own words.
4. Feed your Brain. Get the right nutrition for memory health. Ginkgo extract, Huperzine A and Phosphatidylserine have been shown to support memory health.
5. Remove your memory blocks. Memory diminishes when you are anxious, depressed, tense, or rushed.
6. Take your mind off "cruise-control". Replace brain-numbing activities like watching TV with stimulating activities such as reading, talking with friends, and doing puzzles and games.
7. Memory-saving devices. Leave yourself messages on your answering machine or voice mail. Use a calendar or organizer, sticky notes, to-do lists, etc.
- Tags: General Health
- realhealthlabs Admin